Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Blog

Why that title? Because time and time again, I have tried to start a blog, and failed.  Lets try again, shall we?

Plan: 3/2/2 - 3 days gym, 2 days healthy food, 2 days off

Why? I'm an abstainer.  A short-term abstainer.  What that means is that if I say "I will not have xyz", then I don't have xyz.  The issue comes in when I deprive myself of xyz for too long.  Strangely enough, this only really applies to food - I don't have any issues abstaining from other stuff.  So, I'm working with my strengths.

I'm good at abstaining from food short term.  As an observant Jew, I am required to observe 2 major fasts (sundown to nightfall the following night: essentially 25 hours with no food or drink at all) and 4 minor fasts (no food or drink from sunrise to nightfall).  As a result, I figure that I can do anything foodwise.  You know, as long as it's only 1 day!

My schedule looks like this:

Sunday - Gym (maybe run? No classes run at a convenient time, and I would like to train for a 5k...)
Monday - Gym (Maybe strength training class and/or yoga?)
Tuesday - Healthy eating (no junk food at all!)
Wednesday - Gym (Zumbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...will explain my long history with Zumba another time)
Thursday -  Healthy eating (this is the trickiest day for me I think!  Again, will explain later)
Friday & Saturday - Off!  (totally a part of the "observant Jew" thing)

This whole thing started yesterday (first day back at work)...I'll tell you about how my first day went later on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment