Thursday, January 3, 2013

Zumba

I have a long history with Zumba... I started doing Zumba in the summer of 2009 after a camping trip (don't be fooled - I don't make a habit of camping). A girl on the trip was in GREAT shape, and she told me about this dance exercise class. I am by NO means a dancer, but I decided to check it out. I loved it. I felt goofy, but also strangely sexy. Zumba is HOT. My mom even bought me a Zumba Wii game. I went there several times and really enjoyed it. For some reason I'm still not sure of, I stopped going there. Then, I moved, went to grad school, etc. I still loved Zumba, but didn't do it. Man though, when I saw the infomercials, I missed it. Eventually, I moved and joined the local YMCA which had...Zumba! I went there a bunch, but then my schedule changed, and I had to stop. Well, the gym I joined yesterday has Zumba too!

I went to a class last night. It. Was. Awesome. I love Zumba. We boogied and sank down low, and did an entire song of squats...it was intense. You know it's a good workout when you feel your muscles burning DURING the class!

I had a change of plans for tonight - it was supposed to be just healthy eating day for me, but my weekly Thursday night plans were cancelled...and I'm going to go to the gym. You know, notepad of sitting around my apartment playing video games (though my love of Mario Party was recently reignited...)

Guess what I'm going to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment